Why are school supplies important? (Expository Writing)

“Class, take out your pencils!”. Wait. I don’t have my pencil. Again… Having your school supplies is extremely important.

For instance, school tells everyone that you need pencils every day. Say you were to come to class without a pencil, how would you write and keep track of what you learned? I would find it very hard! It’s your responsibility to have and know where your supplies are.

Furthermore, without a binder, organization is futile- you papers would fly everywhere! Plus, you would have no place to store your precious pencils. If you were at the office and your files fell apart, and all the newest ideas fell out, how would you feel? How would your organized co-workers think of you? Nobody wants that kind of humiliation. Having a binder- or any organization system is essential!

Throughout the day- and even you life, have the correct supplies is critical, for learning, for life. Therefore, you should always be prepared. I wonder if there is a way to store all of you materials and supplies together?

2 thoughts on “Why are school supplies important? (Expository Writing)

1. I really like this piece, Timo. I never really thought about how important school supplies are, but now I’ll be thinking differently. Good job!

2. i like your transitions and explanations it was very persuasive. Pencils are like currency in school nowadays and the teachers never have any. i will always remember to keep proper supplies thanks Timo!